Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Declaration

Having woken up at 3am ish on Saturday morning to get ready for our group run and then following that up by working a busy day at the store, I was concerned I'd have trouble arising this morning for our scheduled run.  Sure enough, my alarm went off at 7:30am and the next thing I remember was Schuney calling me at 8:30 and asking if I was going to make it.

I really did want to run, despite the sights and sounds of the nasty weather and my overall feeling of lethargy, so I got my sorry butt outta bed and drove down to meet Dave, Clint and Gregg at Dave's place.

We took off up Seven Bridges and headed out towards Maxwell and the gravel roads out there.  And while some of the roads were a little slushy, the weather wasn't really too bad.  To be perfectly honest, I rather like running in the rain.

We ran 11 miles of gravel and hills and blacktop and slush.  As usual, the conversation was good and the pace was controllable.  I really felt like I could've ran for another 11 miles, but I knew that with my lack of sleep that my body would revolt.  I have been fighting a head cold lately so I didn't want to push things too hard.

I am looking forward to being able to get on the trails pretty soon and I will need to as it's been now publicly stated that I plan on running the Sawtooth 100 in September.  (Gulp)  I've been thinking about it for months now and made my decision around January but I hadn't told anyone until recently.  So....if any of you would like to pace me for a bit, Friday evening, September 9th will be a great opportunity to spend some time with a bitchy, whiny and utterly annoying Tony!  Consider yourselves warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment