Sunday, November 27, 2011

A little spin on the SHT and an RIP to the Talons

Today I went out for an easy 2 hours on the Superior Hiking Trail.  I started at Enger Tower, headed west of an hour and came back.  The trail was in great shape, very runnable (as "runnable" as the SHT can get) save for the wooden bridges and planks which were very slippery.

It's so nice to have so many great trails to choose from in this town.  I can go from technical single track like the Superior Hiking trail, to hilly ski trails, to relatively flat snowmobile trails and get in a long run on any of them, and all of them are within a few minutes of my house.  I feel lucky to live in such a place on this planet.

Speaking of the planet, a couple of weeks ago I came across this video:


When I see this video, I think of the power of "home".  On this single planet, we all have a home.  It may be difficult to think of 6 billion people unified, but this video is evidence that we are, at least in a sense of sharing a home.

RIP to the Talons


After the Living History Farms race, it became apparent to me that my beloved Inov8 X-Talon 212s had ran their last race.  I'd gotten 3 good seasons out of those shoes, literally using them year round.  I'd taken them through mud, rain, snow, standing water, slush, sand, tall grass.  Over rocks, roads, dirt, ice.  Never have I ran in a shoe that was so able to handle all of those conditions so well.  I'll be buying a new pair soon and will look forward to many miles of wonderful running with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment