Monday, May 2, 2011

23

I headed out to Jay Cooke yesterday for some trails and time with myself, with my thoughts.  Both were much needed.

I started in Carlton, basically at the start of the Voyageur 50 and ran along most of the trails of the course.  The rain has certainly made for a lot of mud and wet areas along the trails, my shoes were pretty much covered in mud by the time I got back.  My socks were soaked, my feet were cold and wet.  My legs were sore and I was HUNGRY!  But at the same time, I felt great.

It was a lot of fun being out there, the trails are beautiful, the St. Louis river was quite a site to see as I crossed the swinging bridge.  I kept thinking what it would've been like to discover that area.  To be one of the first humans to lay eyes on that gorgeous river.

So I headed out for about 11.5 miles, getting out along the Grand Portage trail, which was awesome, before turning back and essentially retracing my route.  It was a great day of running and seeing.  Thinking and being.

No comments:

Post a Comment