Monday, February 7, 2011

The DRC Super Team Party

Last night was our Duluth Running Co. Racing Team Party.  We met at the Thirsty Pagan in Superior and proceeded to stuff ourselves with beer and pizza and good conversation.  It was really nice to have our team party in a more relaxed setting so that people could mingle and chat with everyone.

I think everyone had a good time, I know I did.  It was great to see so many people there, especially since we had it during the Super Bowl, which I don't think too many of us cared about.  Seriously, what's a Super Bowl party anyway?  It's a gathering of friends with food and drink and conversation, there just happens to be a silly football game on in the background, which people only half-heartedly watch anyway. Last night, we just eliminated the silly.

It turned out that our party was also the day after my 40th birthday and totally unknown to me, a plan had been put in place, to acknowledge that.  When Steve, the owner, came out and turned off some of the lights I thought "Oh that's nice, Steve has something special planned for us."  And then when everyone started singing "Happy Birthday" I thought, "Oh cool, it's someone's birthday, I wonder who's it is."  And then they started walking toward me and I thought "Tony, you're an idiot, it's yours!"  It was a real surprise and it was really nice of everyone to do that.  I appreciated it very much!

So hopefully this 2011 brings everyone a great running season and much happiness.  I think last night's Team Party was a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment