Thursday, February 17, 2011

Our training group

Tuesday night and tonight were our first two group runs for the latest edition of our Training Group.  The interest and turnout has been tremendous so far, I'm really pleased with the direction we're heading.  I'm sure this will be a fun and motivated group.

We're taking things nice and slow so far, just 3 miles, easy for both runs.  We're doing this just to get everyone physically ready, to get their respective minds and bodies prepared for the consistency of training.  By keeping things short and easy early on, most will be able to be fully recovered for their next workout.  In about 4-6 weeks, we'll be getting into harder and a bit more intense stuff.

I've really enjoyed leading these training groups.  I'm a believer in the power of running to create confidence and joy and of course to improve health.  But I'm also a believer in people and their respective abilities.  I've seen, in these training groups, people come a long ways and become strong runners.  They are very inspiring to me.

Little by little.  Everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment