Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sluggish

Usually Wednesday is my favorite day to run.  It's an easy pace, a nice distance (usually 8 or 10 miles right now) and I can just relax and play for a little bit.  But tonight just wasn't that fun.  I doubled yesterday, though not a very intense double, so maybe my legs were tired from that.  Also, I didn't sleep very well last night, so that probably had something to do with it, but either way I just didn't have much tonight.

I went out and back along the Lakewalk.  It was a really nice night to run, temps in the mid 20s, no wind and even a few snowflakes falling slowly.  I knew after a mile or so that it was going to be one of those runs where you just don't feel 100% so I focused on not focusing on that, and just let me mind drift.  For me, these runs are a kind of meditation, a ritual of sorts.

And while my legs just didn't have it tonight, I still had a nice run, and enjoyed my time out there.   Tomorrow's another day, another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment